Work authorization: US Citizen
Seeking full-time employment beginning Summer/Fall 2018.
- Enthusiastic and creative with a strong mathematical background and experience designing and writing computer software.
- Able to design architectures and algorithms at a high level then implement in a lower level in a multitude of languages and frameworks.
- Undergraduate, University of Illinois, Champaign, IL Jan. 2016 - Present
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, expected May 2018.
- 3.86 GPA, Dean’s List Spring 2016 - 2017. Co-Chair of UIUC chapter of ACM Special Interest Group on Programming Languages. Member of the Tau Beta Pi Engineering Honor Society.
- Selected Classes: CS 241 Systems Programming, CS 473 Algorithms II, CS 446 Machine Learning, CS 421 Programming Languages & Compilers. In progress: CS 426 Compiler Construction, CS 427 Software Engineering.
- Undergraduate, University of Washington, Seattle, WA Sep. 2014 - Dec. 2015
- Transferred January 2016 to the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- 2014 to 2015 school year: Dean’s List with 3.8 GPA.
- Nominated twice for the Soceity for Collegiate Leadership & Achievement.
Languages & Frameworks
- C (embedded & systems), C++, Python with Web2Py, C# and F# for the .NET framework, Haskell, LISP, Java. Current focus on compilers, functional programming, and programming language theory.
- Software Development Intern, Cray Inc., Bloomington, MN: Summer 2017
- Refined and redesigned a distributed memory-leak checker, transforming a proof-of-concept project into a performant and feature-rich software tool. Learned how to develop for and interface with massively-parallel systems and improved C++, systems, and network programming skills in a professional development setting.
- Created a suite of modifications to GDB for a parallel debugger product. Replaced a text-based converter for an internal data interchange format with direct generation from GDB data structures, enabling wider language and feature support for the debugger as a whole.
- Software Engineer, Quicket Solutions, Champaign, IL: Feb. 2016 - May 2017
- Software Engineering Intern, Quicket Solutions, Champaign, IL: Summer 2015
- Wrote and maintained database interface, backend management, and user-facing communications code as part of a complete electronic police citation management service using Python and Web2Py. Created extensible, robust systems for data collection, processing, and analytics in a fast-moving startup environment.
- Part-time during the academic year, full-time during Summer 2015 and Summer 2016.
References available upon request.
- scheme->gba: Scheme to ARM Assembly Compiler: Summer 2016
- A from-scratch Scheme compiler targeting ARM assembly along with a bootstrapping and communications toolkit for running code on real Game Boy Advance hardware.
- Neural.NET: Machine Learning Library: May 2015
- A machine learning library for .NET written in F#. Exposes a simple interface for training a model using gradient descent. Includes a sample Windows Phone application for recognizing handwritten numerals.
- Published two apps to the Windows Phone store: May 2014
- Thorntons++: a customer loyalty and coupon app for the Thorntons gas station chain.
- Omeddle: an Omegle chat client with the additional ability to intercept and modify messages sent between other Omegle users. Peaked at 2,000 downloads a month and won 3rd place at the 2014 Microsoft //publish/ event in the Chicago app competition.