Work authorization: US Citizen
- Enthusiastic and creative with a strong mathematical background and experience designing and writing computer software.
- Able to design architectures and algorithms at a high level then implement in a lower level in a multitude of languages and frameworks.
- Undergraduate, University of Illinois, Champaign, IL Jan. 2016 - Present
- 3.93 GPA, Dean’s List Spring 2016.
- Co-Chair of UIUC chapter of ACM Special Interest Group on Programming Languages. Member of the Tau Beta Pi Engineering Honor Society.
- Selected Classes: CS 225 Data Structures, CS 233 Computer Architecture, CS 241 Systems Programming, CS 473 Algorithms II (in progress), CS 446 Machine Learning (in progress), CS 421 Programming Languages and Compilers (in progress)
- Undergraduate, University of Washington, Seattle, WA Sep. 2014 - Dec. 2015
- Transferred January 2016 to the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- 2014 to 2015 school year: Dean’s List with 3.8 GPA.
- Nominated twice for the Soceity for Collegiate Leadership & Achievement.
Languages & Frameworks
- Python with Web2Py, C# and F# for the .NET framework, C++, C for PC and Game Boy Advance, LISP, Haskell, Java. Current focus on compilers, functional programming, and programming language theory.
- Software Engineer, Quicket Solutions, Champaign, IL: Feb. 2016 - Present
- Software Engineering Intern, Quicket Solutions, Champaign, IL: Summer 2015
- Part-time during the academic year, full-time during Summer 2015 and Summer 2016.
- Writing and maintaining database interface, backend management, and user-facing communications code as part of a complete electronic police citation management service using Python and Web2Py.
- Designing and implementing a software solution to replace a traditionally paper-based process in a tight-knit, collaborative group. Creating extensible, robust systems for data collection, processing, and analytics in a fast-moving startup environment.
- Technical Consultant, Panorama Innovation, Wilmette, IL: Jun. 2014 - Sept. 2014
- Designed and prototyped a customer data mining system for retail settings using OpenWRT on commodity access points for data collection and Python for data processing and analytics.
- scheme->gba: Scheme to ARM Assembly Compiler: Summer 2016
- A from-scratch Scheme compiler targeting ARM assembly along with a bootstrapping and communications toolkit for running code on real Game Boy Advance hardware.
- Neural.NET: Machine Learning Library: May 2015
- A machine learning library for .NET written in F#. Exposes a simple interface for training a model using gradient descent. Includes a sample Windows Phone application for recognizing handwritten numerals.
- Published two apps to the Windows Phone store: May 2014
- Thorntons++: a customer loyalty and coupon app for the Thorntons gas station chain.
- Omeddle: an Omegle chat client with the additional ability to intercept and modify messages sent between other Omegle users. Peaked at 2,000 downloads a month and won 3rd place at the 2014 Microsoft //publish/ event in the Chicago app competition.